The World Leader in Snake Handling Tools – That’s NICHE!
There’s never a dull moment at Beyond Marketing – every day is different! Two years ago, we received our first phone call from Midwest Tongs owner, Dana Savorelli. Dana had discovered us via one of our skydiving website designs and he declared that if we could market companies as niche-oriented as skydiving, we could surely help him market his snake handling tools!
And so began our education in the world of herping, hooks, pinners and snake bite kits!
The Tongs.com E-Commerce website launched on June 9th, 2019 with over 200 SKU’s all relating to snake handling equipment. This design may be our most radical upgrade from a before and after comparison. The original Tongs.com site had been created more than 10 years ago and the design showed. The ability to navigate the various categories within the site was challenging and purchasing anything, particularly on mobile was near impossible. Furthermore, the original site, was not optimized for SEO, and did not have correct analytics or any sort of sales conversion tracking.
Our objectives were clear:
- Create a more user-friendly website with minimal friction for sales
- Optimize the site to improve keyword rankings in Google.
- Implement Google Analytics and conversion tracking to ensure all marketing efforts could be measured.
- Make the brand story more clear.
- Deliver a shipping calculator that would serve as a solution for more than 200 products of different sizes.
- Deliver a solution that would integrate with client’s accounting software.
As Midwest Tongs has multiple products within various categories, we created a “mega menu’ to clearly layout product categories in order for the end user to quickly discover what they’re looking for.
We saw an immediate increase in sales with this cleaner layout as the site produced more than 16 sales on its first day. Bounce rate percentage and time spent on the site indicated a positive user experience.
With a solid foundation, Beyond Marketing will be implementing various digital marketing strategies to drive sales further. We’re grateful to Dana Savorelli and his team for allowing us to create a web solution for his business!